Yoga wheels are an absolutely fantastic new form of yoga equipment. Ancient Chinese warriors did not have yoga wheels, and it’s widely believed that had they discovered them, the history of Asian warfare would have been completely different. Yoga might look like a passive activity, but with the right techniques, yoga w heelscan give you the desired results. We will explore the best Yoga wheels here and find out how they can offer value.
What is a Yoga Wheel?
A yoga wheel is a device that you can use to help you do poses. It is a cylinder, and it can be made of wood, plastic or metal. You can use it for balance, stretching or strength training.
If you are new to yoga practice, you may want to buy a yoga wheel. It can help you learn how to do poses without hurting yourself. If you have children, they will also enjoy using it.
You can find many different sizes of yoga wheels online and at your local yoga studio. Most of them come in various colors and shapes. Some are made from bamboo, which is a very good material for making wheels because it has good strength and is light weight.
Other types of yoga wheels include those made with foam, cork and rubber. These types tend to be heavier than the wooden ones but they still provide support while being comfortable when used during yoga practice.
Top 10 Best Yoga Wheels for Back Pain Relief:
We have listed below the top 10 Best Yoga Wheels in the market recommended by Yoga instructor. Scroll down for more information!
1. UpCircle Seven Yoga 12” Wheel:
The UpCircle Seven Yoga Wheel is designed for a variety of yoga poses to help open up the upper and lower body, ease back pain and stretch the chest, shoulders and hips. Deepen your practice with our 12″ Yoga Wheel, a vital accessory for stretching and balance.
The UpCircle Seven Yoga Wheel is the perfect tool to help deepen and enhance your yoga practice. The Yoga Wheel unlocks advanced poses and provides an amazing deep-tissue massage that works to release muscle tension. Made of robust high-quality ABS, the unique design is both strong and stylish.
- SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE LASTING BACK PAIN RELIEF: Our yoga back wheel is designed for everyday people who suffer from chronic back pain. Use it to help relieve myofascial pain and muscle tension along the spine in your upper back, lower back and neck.
- STRONGEST YOGA BACK WHEEL ON THE MARKET: Able to withstand 550 lbs! 100% PVC Free so it’s stronger and safer to use! Our ABS yoga wheel will not flex unlike cheaper competitor products so you can perform pain relieving stretches with ease, safety, and support.
- PATENT PENDING COMFORT: Our yoga wheel features the thickest foam padding available and features a patent pending design. It’s superior quality & design cushions and conforms to your body’s unique shapes, whether it be your back, neck, or hips yet still is soft and comfortable enough to use everyday.
- STRENGTHENS MUSCLES ALONG THE SPINE & IMPROVES POSTURE: The UpCircleSeven 12 Inch Back Wheel strengthens and massages core and back muscles around the discs that surround your spine. It is great for those who have chronic back pain as it helps reduce back strain by realigning the natural curvature of your spine and promoting a healthy posture.
- #1 CONSUMER FAVORITE PAIN RELIEVING YOGA BACK WHEEL ON AMAZON: Purchase the best yoga wheel that has helped thousands of happy UpCircleSeven Yoga Wheel users nationwide achieve a more pain free and stress free lifestyle.
- The sturdy wheel maintains its shape and balance even under excessive pressure
- The eco-friendly cork is heat resistant, moisture repellent and naturally antibacterial for a clean environment every time you use it
- Non-slip textured tread grips firmly to hands, feet, mats or any other surface
- The packaging needs improvement
2. Risefit Yoga Wheel:
The Risefit yoga wheel is a 13-inch prop that helps you move deeper into your stretches and gently strengthen your core. The premium Wheel includes an easy to inflate pump, yoga mat strap, and online access to guided video workouts.
- Our yoga wheel can support up to 1000lbs with INTERTEK Test Report as seen on pics, it's made to last, repeated use without breaking down, unlike lower quality wheels just claim similar strength. Strong inner ABS tube ensures you roll on the wheel with ease, safety, and much needed support.
- Our wheel prop is made of foam TPE, eco-friendly, unlike other product wrapped by PVC or EVA, the cushion is grippy and keeps in good original shape, soft and comfortable to roll between shoulder blades or under feet; help stretch and release tension and muscular tightness in the back, chest, shoulders, abdomen and hip flexors.
- The yoga wheel is originally designed to help increase flexibility and work out body strength, it's a perfect fitness prop in dharma yoga, back opener for beginners, many customers told us it's super useful in relieving pain and stress in back, chest and shoulder, so we highly recommend it for back pain patients and breastfeeding mothers.
- Our yoga wheels can be best gifts for your family, friends and yogis whether beginner or advanced, at home, in gym, studio or club.
- We believe in and stand by our yoga wheel for quality, each item is ensured with 3-year guarantee
- The wheel helps to support proper alignment and better positioning during a variety of advanced poses
- The Risefit Yoga Back Wheel is lightweight and portable
- This amazing prop helps your body open up safely during backbends
- The material quality needs improvement
3. Body Wheel Yoga Wheel:
The Body Wheel is a 6-inch thick yoga prop designed to thoroughly stretch and release muscle tension while simultaneously improving balance and strengthening core muscles. Great for intermediate yoga practitioners, the Body Wheel acts as a deep-tissue massager, freeing knots and relieving pressure points. The durable material holds up to 500 pounds and with textured traction grips, you’ll never have to worry about losing your grip at the most inopportune time.
- Designed for comfort and stability in opening chest, back, hips, and shoulders. Includes Spinal Comfort Groove to reduce pressure on the spine.
- Relieves lower back tension and develops your flexibility while you relax in long, restorative stretches
- Multi-purpose stretching tool with progressive handholds for improving flexibility
- Helps you learn advanced postures for yoga, crossfit, gymnastics, and acrobatics
- Made of high-quality EVA foam, The Body Wheel bridges the gap between a foam roller and a physio ball.
- Lightweight and portable, it’s easy to pack for your next adventure
- The wheel is available in a perfect size
- The best part is that it is easy to maintain this wheel because you can easily clean it with a damp cloth
- The downside is that only one color is available
4. Inviguri Back Roller Yoga Wheel:
The Inviguri Back Roller Yoga Wheel is a great option for yoga enthusiasts and beginners alike. Experience greater flexibility with the help of this back roller which allows you to do deep stretches and strengthen your core. It also assists with core exercises as well as inversions! Perfect for home, travel, or yoga studio.
- The Right Intensity for Your Level - Whether you are a newbie to stretching or a yoga master, our back roller wheel has the right size for you! This yoga back roller comes in 2 sizes. Each variation caters to your training needs, offering different levels of firmness and pressure.
- Eases Neck and Back Pain more effectively than a traditional foam roller - Relax and release tension in your back and neck. Our back stretching wheel releases muscle strain by realigning the natural curvature of your spine. It features a spinal groove technology for less spinal pressure and for moderate to intense pressure on the erector muscles.
- Enhances Strength and Flexibility - Meet your new fitness partner in our multipurpose yoga exercise wheel! Explore different kinds of yoga poses and workout routines. Our backroller builds your mobility, flexibility, and core strength as it works every part of your body.
- Sturdy and Reliable - Trust this yoga cork wheel to give you efficient support and balance as it rolls your aches away. Our durable extra-wide 10 and 6-inch back roller wheel doesn't flex or bend under pressure, enduring 500 pounds and 380 pounds, respectively.
- Sustainably Made Yoga Wheels - Our yoga arch wheel is made entirely of natural cork derived from a still-standing cork oak tree planted 25 years ago. With a plastic-free and moisture-wicking design, this roller back wheel leaves no traces of odor or sweat.
- It is also very easy to clean after use.
- By rolling back and forth over this yoga wheel will make you feel more relaxed by hitting multiple trigger points at once
- You will find this wheel to be an affordable option
- Some people may find this wheel to be too firm
5. Yoloha Premium Cork Yoga Wheel:
Yoloha Premium Cork Yoga Wheel is a 100% natural, non-slip, eco-friendly, high performance yoga wheel. This yoga wheel has been designed with a strong but lightweight frame, non-slip cork surface and width of 5.5″ (14cm) to provide the best support and grip for all your Yin Yang or Ashtanga poses. Whether sculpting your back-bends, improving your balance or simply relaxing in style while deep stretching; our premium cork yoga wheel will make this happen.
- This cork yoga wheel is ideal for yogis at all skill levels, from beginners looking to strengthen their core and align their spine, to master yogis
- The unique design reduces and spreads out the pressure, resulting in a safer yoga wheel that requires less reinforcement
- Yoloha has created a beautiful yoga prop that is modern and functional.
- The foam is too thin
6. Chirp Wheel+ for Back Pain Relief:
Chirp Wheel+ is designed to relieve back pain, soothe sore muscles and improve posture while stretching your entire body in one motion. Its 360° outer rim and curved design help you reach any muscle safely, effectively, and comfortably. The portable foam roller is made of environmentally friendly materials and is easy to clean – simply use soap and water. Available in 2 colors.
- The Chirp Wheel+ is a high-quality foam roller that comes in four colors and provides extra deep tissue back massage
- It has a lightweight design
- Chirp’s multi-directional wheel makes it easy to find and relieve tight tissue in the back, neck, and shoulders
- It is not as wide as an average foam roller
7. UpCircle Seven Yoga Wheel Set:
UpCircleSeven’s Yoga Wheel Set can help you advance your yoga practice and achieve the challenging postures that before now were impossible. Made of eco-friendly cotton foam, this set includes a 13-inch professional grade Dharma Yoga Prop Wheel with comfort padding, an extra thick padded straps that can be used with or without the wheel, and a stretch band with handles.
- Strongest Yoga Wheel Set On The Market -Able to withstand 330 - 550 lbs! Lower quality yoga wheels are made of PVC – which is not safe or durable! Our yoga wheel does not flex unlike cheaper competitor products so you can perform backbends and poses with ease, safety, and support.
- Ultimate Comfort - Our yoga wheel 3 pack features the thickest padding available. It’s superior quality & design cushions your palms, feet, and back providing a remarkable sense of comfort.
- Sweat Resistant - Our Closed Cell Technology padding helps prevent moisture accumulation and is made of specialized TPE padding to help fight off musky perspiration scents.
- Quality Assurance - We offer a full 100% quality promise! Ships from the USA. We know you'll love it, but in the rare instance you don’t, simply let us know and we'll issue a full no questions asked refund!
- #1 Consumer Favorite Yoga Wheel Set on Amazon - Purchase the best yoga wheel that is trusted & approved by your very own fellow yogis.
- It is 12 Inches wide with a 4.1 Inch depth making it perfect for all body types as your grip will always be comfortable
- This beautifully designed prop is also a stunning way to bring color and serenity into any exercise
- The wheel is made with durable materials
- It tends to flex under considerable weight
8. Node Fitness Yoga Wheel:
With its vibrant colors, feel-good grips and sturdy exterior, the Node Fitness 13-Inch Professional Yoga Wheel is anything but your ordinary yoga prop. This yoga wheel allows you to expand your yoga practice by adding new moves and giving your body the upgrade it deserves! All wheels are 13-inches in diameter and made from top quality materials to ensure an enjoyable yoga experience for all body types.
- Premium quality: Made from highly durable ABS plastic and TPE foam, this must-have yoga accessory is built tough, while also skin-safe and hypoallergenic. The wheel features extra thick 1/4" padding for comfort and superior grip.
- Durable & strong: This 13" Wheel can support up to 500 pounds, making it an ideal fitness assist tool for both men and women of all body types
- Moisture resistant: TPE foam is naturally moisture resistant, so you can break into a deep sweat session without worrying about odors
- Lightweight & portable: Weighing just under 3 pounds, you can easily transport the wheel to and from yoga class or the gym, or even take it traveling for great stretching anytime, anywhere
- Multiple benefits: While this wheel is ideally designed to assist with deeper backbends and yoga poses, it works on improving balance and spine alignment, flexibility, and core strength
- The comfort grip foam padding allows for extra comfort and traction during your workout
- Designed with a sturdy, lightweight construction and a textured, non-slip surface
- The best part is that the wheel is a pocket-friendly option
- May not be effective for pain relief
9. Aozora Yoga Wheel:
The Aozora Yoga Wheel is designed to improve your yoga experience. Durable and lightweight, this 12-inch wheel features a non-slip exterior and padding to give you the most comfortable, stable and effective support in your practice. Achieve more advanced postures and enjoy added comfort with the Aozora Yoga Wheel.
- BALANCE, STRENGTHEN & STRETCH - This years hottest yoga prop is an amazing tool to assist your practice. Use to add challenge, increase strength, improve balance, open, roll out and unwind.
- COMFORTABLE THICK PADDING - Extra thick outside padding cushions the spine luxuriously. Made of durable material with beautiful surface texture pattern in black and beautiful aqua.
- ECO-FRIENDLY COMFORT - Extra Thick TPE foam provides luxurious comfort for your body.
- EXTRA STRONG, STURDY & DURABLE - 500 lbs breaking strength. Specialty injection molding process provides unmatched strength and safety. Sturdy, lightweight, and made to last.
- 13 INCH DIAMETER x 5 INCH WIDTH - The perfect width for rolling between the shoulder blades or under foot. The ideal comfortable size and easy to use for anyone
- Made from durable high-density foam with a soft, sweat and slip-resistant surface
- Achieve more advanced postures and enjoy added comfort with the Aozora Yoga Wheel.
- The best part is that the wheel will not be a burden on your pocket
- Some users find this wheel to be very hard
10. Acumobility Ultimate Back Roller:
The Acumobility Smart Roller is the ultimate tool for mobility, massage and recovery. It combines a rigid core with a soft outer layer that flexes to perform a deeper massage in half the time it takes with a traditional foam roller and also helps you stretch safely to improve your flexibility.
- The Only Chiropractor Designed Back Roller - No other back roller can improve your posture or possibly help you live better with back pains than Acumobility Foam Roller! The only back cracker made by a chiropractor, this yoga wheel works well on all areas of the back - from the neck down to the lower back. With its patented bump pattern and a gap in the center, you won’t feel any pressure on your spine. A therapeutic and truly effective back cracker that can release knots and trigger points.
- Premium Quality Back Massager for Every Body Type - Made of high-quality EVA foam and plastic inner core, our patented back roller is bigger - and better - than any other roller. At 11 inches tall and 7 inches wide, it can hold as much as 1000 pounds. Whatever your body weight, this is the perfect back roller and stretching equipment for you!
- Great for Chest and Leg Workouts - If you want a back massager that you can use to work out your entire body, this is the back wheel roller for you. The only one with four rows of bumps that target the muscles on both sides of the spine. More than just a back massager, it is also ideal for other body exercises. You can also work out your abs, chest, glutes, triceps, hips, thighs, and more!
- The Perfect Gift for Fitness Enthusiasts - Everything you ever wanted in a yoga wheel, you can find in this ultimate back roller wheel! It is best for thoracic extension, allowing you to achieve good posture and may even help you avoid back pains. Using the roller as part of your fitness routine can help increase mobility and flexibility, working every part of your body. It's easy to use and travel-friendly too! A great gift for beginners and fitness lovers.
- We've Got Your Back - Acumobility boasts fitness products designed by chiropractors - a first-of-its-kind in the market! We make no bones about spine health, so our customers get only premium quality fitness products. If, within 30 days you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, we would be happy to refund your money. For the full 30-day money-back guarantee guidelines, you can visit our website or reach out to our customer service.
- Made with technology developed specifically for elite athletes, this back roller was designed to help break up muscle tension and increase blood flow
- This small but mighty roller is also perfect for using on other areas of your body
- The roller’s dimensions allow for complete spinal extension.
- The roller is not very comfortable.
Who Needs a Yoga Wheel?
Trying to decide whether you need a yoga wheel? If you’re wondering, you probably do.
You may not know it, but you need a yoga wheel. If you practice yoga — or if you’re curious about it — that is. It’s an unexpected practice prop, but it can be a game-changer for students who aren’t quite comfortable in back bends. And it’s so much fun!
This helps those students feel less intimidated by the poses and makes them more likely to try them again on their own.
What are the Benefits of a Yoga Wheel?
- Massage Those Aching Back Muscles:
The wheel is perfect for self-massage, increasing flexibility, improving posture, relaxing the mind and body, and balancing. The wheel helps you to go deeper into poses while helping with proper alignment of the spine. It also relieves stress on the spine and discs.
The yoga wheel can be used in your yoga practice or as part of an exercise routine. The round shape makes it easy to roll over sore muscles on your back, shoulders, neck, hips, thighs and calves.
- Prevent Injuries with a Scaffold of Support:
Yoga wheel can help prevent injuries by opening your chest, shoulders, and hips.
- Ease into Challenging Poses:
The wheel is a great tool to use when you’re working up to challenging postures like backbends, headstands and handstands. It can help you safely explore deeper into your practice—and get a better stretch!
- Improve Posture :
This is one of the benefits of practicing with a yoga wheel. While strengthening your core muscles, you will be able to stand straighter and taller. You’ll feel more balanced with improved posture and better alignment in your body.
- Build Balance and Core Strength:
The wheel will help you achieve a strong core. A stronger core will also reduce tension from your neck and shoulders. Your back will thank you for it!
How to Clean Your Yoga Wheel?
Yoga wheel care and maintenance is an important part of keeping your wheel clean and safe. It’s especially important if you’re using the wheel in a studio or gym where it’s being shared by many people.
The first step to yoga wheel cleaning is making sure you have the right tools. You will need some type of antibacterial wipes, a soft cloth, and a can of compressed air if your wheel has holes. Before cleaning, be sure the wheel is cool to the touch.
Clean the outside surface with antibacterial wipes, disinfecting both the inner rim and outer surface of the wheel. If you notice any cracks or dents on either side of your wheel, it’s time for a new one! Get one here.
Use a dry soft cloth to wipe off any dust or dirt from the sides of your wheel or any ridges or grooves. Don’t forget to wipe down the center hub! Be sure to use gentle pressure when wiping so as not to remove any paint from your wheel.
If your yoga wheel has holes, use a can of compressed air to blow out all the dust and dirt from inside the holes.
How to Choose Best Yoga Wheel?
- Weight Capacity:
The weight capacity of the yoga wheel you choose should be able to take your own weight. This is because during yoga, you will be using downward force through your hands and feet.
To calculate how much weight your yoga wheel can take, use this formula:
(1) Body Weight (in kgs) x 1.25 = Minimum Weight Capacity
For example, if you weigh 60kgs, then your minimum weight capacity should be at least 75kgs.
(2) Maximum Weight Capacity = (Body Weight + 20%) x 1.5
For example, if you weigh 60kgs, then your maximum weight capacity should be at least 99kgs.
Hence, it is recommended that you choose a yoga wheel with a maximum weight capacity of 100kgs to ensure safety when using it for any kind of yoga postures.
The tread of the yoga wheel is very important. When you use it for exercise, you will sweat? If the tread is not a good material, it will cause skin allergies or even bruises so pay more attention to the choice of the tread.
We recommend using a high-quality rubber as the material of the tread. The rubber has good abrasion resistance and non-slip properties, which can maintain good traction and grip even when sweating.
In addition to rubber, some wheels use PVC or cork as treads. Although these materials are also very environmentally friendly and comfortable, they have no advantages in terms of safety and cushioning performance!
The width of the yoga wheel is a very important consideration when purchasing one. You will want to make sure that you get the right size for your body.
In order to choose the right size for your body type, you first need to know how wide your shoulders are and how many inches of space between them.
The width of the yoga wheel is measured from the outside edge to the inside edge of the wheel.
The first question you will want to answer when buying a yoga wheel is what color do you want? The color that you choose will depend on what you plan on doing with your yoga wheel. If you are going to be using it for a few different types of exercises, then you might want to go with a neutral color like black or grey. These colors tend to go with everything and won’t distract from the other pieces in your workout. If you prefer one solid color, then there are some great colored options available as well
The next question that needs to be answered is where will you be using your yoga wheel? If it is going to be used in your home, then the best place for it is a large open area where it can easily be seen and used. You don’t want something that is too small that you have to bend down or crawl into each time you use it, but at the same time you don’t want something so large that everyone else in the room notices or feels awkward while they are using it.
How to decide your goals when using a yoga wheel:
- Do you want to relax and release tension?
- Do you want to become stronger?
- Do you want to become more flexible?
- Do you want to improve your balance?
- Do you want to get in touch with your emotional body?
You need to have the answer to all these questions.
- Pressure and firmness:
There are generally two ways to decide pressure and firmness for a yoga wheel:
1.Hard: If you feel like a hard surface will be better for your back, then choose a harder wheel. In general, the harder the wheel, the more support it will give to your lower back.
2.Soft: A softer wheel gives your spine more flexibility and movement, especially when used with certain yoga poses. The softer the wheel, the more flexibility it will allow your spine.
The material of a yoga wheel makes a difference in how it feels and looks, but it can also affect its durability. You’ll generally find these three types of materials used in most yoga wheels:
How We Evaluated?
As we began evaluating yoga wheels, we realized how many options there were available on the market today — it was almost overwhelming! We decided to narrow down our list by looking at several factors: price point (it shouldn’t cost too much), portability (it should be easy to carry around).
The yoga wheel is a discreet tool that has the ability to help you further your practice. Use it for short periods of time to challenge your core muscles, or for longer periods of time to develop strength endurance in your back. Either way, the yoga wheel can be a useful accessory for those who want to strengthen their bodies and minds.